Driving License is an official document which is issued by the RTO. Such issued Driving License enables the driving license holder to drive more than one type of motor vehicles across India. Regional Transport Office or Regional Transport Officer is responsible for issuing the driving license in India. Driving License authorizes the person to drive one or more type of motor vehicles like the motorcycle with gear or without gear, car, Heavy Vehicles etc throughout the country. Driving License besides authorizing the holder for driving motor vehicle driving license serves the holder as a best Identification proof document & Address proof document in all the official works of both the Government & the Private Sectors.Sponsored Links
RTO – Regional Transport Office:
RTO – the Abbreviation of RTO is Regional Transport Office, RTO issues the Driving License to the eligible applicants across the country. The Government of India is providing over 1000 computerized “RTOs” where the eligible Nationals of India can apply for Driving License. These computerized RTO’s operates under the authorization of local States and Union Territories Governments. Interested and eligible Citizens of India can apply for Driving License at their area’s Regional Transport Office or the RTO under the jurisdiction of whom they are residing.Sponsored Links
Simple Steps to Get Driving License in India:
Step1: Once after turning to 18 years you will be eligible applying for the driving license in India.
Step2: If you are planning to apply for the driving license in India, first you have to apply for learning license.Sponsored Links
How to Apply for Driving License Online in India?
Applying for the driving license online in India, the Government of India is providing a national driving license portal where anyone from any part of India can apply for driving license to get one. But before applying for the driving license one must apply for the learning license and should pass a driving test conducted by the RTO.Sponsored Links
Eligibility Applying for Drivers License in India:
- You must be an Indian National.
- Your age must be 18 years or above as on 1st January of the applying year for regular vehicles
- Your age must be 20 years or more for Commercial Vehicles.
Documents Required Applying for Drivers License:
- Valid Learning License.
- Birth Certificate/ Date of Birth Proof/Age Proof.
- Photo Identity proof.
- Address proof.
- Latest Passport size Photos – 3.
Driving License Online Apply Process in India:
- Visit the Driving License official portal of India.
- Select the Apply online option.
- Apply Learners License online window will be displayed.
- Click the New Learner’s License option form the main menu.
- Now click the “I don’t have any License” option.
- Request for services on License window will be displayed.
- The columns or fields mentioned with * symbol are mandatory so fill all the columns with correct information because false information may lead to the rejection of your learners license application.
- After completing filling the learning license application click the Submit button.
- Upload the supporting documents like your age proof, your address proof and your photo identification proof, your latest photo & your signature.
- After submitting all the required documents, you will get a Learner License Application number.
- With the help of learner’s license application number, book a slot for Learner license.
- After the confirmation of your Learner license slot pay the prescribed fees.
- Fees can be paid either by online transfer or Credit card or Debit card.
- After getting the learning license, learn to drive or practice driving.
- Once after you are confident, then apply for a driving test and appear for the driving by booking a driving test appointment at you areas RTO.
- Pass the Driving test conducted by the RTO to get your driving license.
- After passing the driving test you will be allowed to pay the fees.
- After paying the driving license fees you will get an acknowledgment, which contains your driving license issuing date.
- Collect your new driving license at your areas RTO by showing the acknowledgment or receipt.
Apply Driving License online – https://parivahan.gov.in/sarathiservice8/newLL_execute.do