Indian Passport Application Form
Passport: All Indian citizens who travel or depart from India and willing to travel or depart from India require a travel document or passport.Sponsored Links
Types of Passports: Under the passports Act 1967, Government of India issues different types of passports. They are:
- Ordinary Passport
- Diplomatic Passport
- Official Passport
- Emergency Certificate
- Certificate of Identity
Basic requirements for Passport:
- Birth Certificate/ Date of Birth Proof
- Identity proof with photograph
- Residence proof
- Nationality proof
- Duly filled passport application and prescribed fees
The following steps are involved
- Download the e-form
- Fill the form & upload
- Schedule an appointment to visit the regional Passport Seva Kendra (PSK).
- The downloaded form should be printed back to back on standard A4 size papers.
- You must have the latest version of Acrobat Reader (9 or above)to read and print these Forms.
- Diplomatic and Official passports are issued to people holding diplomatic status or deputed by the Government of India for official duty abroad.
Online Fee Payment:
Online payment is mandatory for booking appointment to visit a Passport Seva Kendra.
Mode of Payment: Credit/Debit Card (Master & Visa Cards), online transfer (through State Bank of India and Associate Banks) and State Bank of India Challan.
Note: Online Payment will remain valid for one year from the appointment date. The fees will not be refunded if the applicant fails to submit the application form at Passport Seva Kendra before the first appointment date.
Cancelling/Rescheduling Visit to Passport Seva Kendra
Applicants with confirmed appointments, due to any reason/reasons if you are not able to make the visit on appointment date, you can cancel or reschedule the appointment for 2 times with in that year of first appointment date.
Passport Seva Kendra (PSK): Passport Seva Kendra maintains the electronic Queue Management System, ensures the first-in-first out principle in application processing.
Carry your required original documents and their photocopies.
Click here (For List of Required Documents)Sponsored Links
- Applicant with refused token due to insufficient set of documents can revisit within next three working days from the date of appointment as per the time mentioned in the appointment slip. (Online appointment is not mandatory for these applicants).
- Tatkaal, Senior citizens, Minors & differently-abled applicants are required to submit their applications online to obtain an ARN, and then visit the nearest Passport Seva Kendra during the prescribed hours without any appointment.
- Applicants are prohibited to carry the electronic devices such as Laptop, iPad and cameras, inside the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK).
Applicants General Obligations:
Applicants are required to submit their applications with correct information and valid documents. If any applicant gives false information they shall be punishable with imprisonment for a period of 2 years or fine up to Rs 5000/- or both.
To know the application status a National Call Centre operating in 17 Indian languages is available 24/7 round the clock.
- An E-mail based helpdesk
- A mobile based application –‘mpassport seva’
Passport Application Forms & Other Required Forms:
- To download the supplementary passport application form for Fresh or Re-issueof Passport Click here
- To download the Instructions Booklet for main and supplementary passport application form Click here
- To download the form for Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)Click here
- To download the Identity Certificate form (applicable to Tibetan Refugees and Stateless People) Click here
- To download the form for LoC PermitClick here
- To download Surrender Certificate formClick here